LAKOTA – MARKETING INTERN (COPYWRITER)
JOB TITLE: Marketing Intern (Copywriter)
REPORTS TO: Head of Marketing
WHAT LAKOTA IS LOOKING FOR:
Someone to join the team at Lakota who has a passion for electronic music. Become a key part of the Lakota family, collaborating with fellow creatives who are passionate about creating incredible experiences for attendees and artists. We want someone to assist with marketing an exciting music programme for our venues, leveraging their experience and creativity.
We need someone who is really passionate about music and has a deep knowledge of electronic music genres and artists. Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate how they stay up-to-date with the latest trends and are confident to engage with existing marketing campaigns.
We are an organisation that has at the heart of its ethos a commitment to promoting equal opportunities. Lakota maintains a policy that lineups should be balanced & inclusive and be representative of Bristol which is a diverse city with a fantastic music heritage.
As a business we like to be fully engaged with what is going on in the city of Bristol and in particular in the community of St Pauls. We support city wide projects and those that benefit the community local to business.
Lakota is committed to equal opportunity employment. We celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture, welcoming applications from all qualified individuals, irrespective of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and communicate effectively with the rest of the marketing team.
- Possesses a keen grasp of the music industry.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic and team player.
- Aligns with Lakota’s core values of inclusivity, equality and diversity.
- Deep love for music and passion for new music discovery
- Willing to learn
- Confident and willing to take risks
- Strong music instinct
- Finger on the cultural pulse, whatever culture / world that might be
- An entrepreneurial spirit – running either student radio, club nights, blogs, playlists, management or promotion
- A knowledge of Bristol’s music scene
- Conducting research on assigned topics, competitors, target audiences, and the platforms the content will be published on
- Assisting in writing, proofreading, and editing copy for event listings and social media
- Ensuring brand consistency in all copy by following existing writing guidelines
- Communicating with other creators so written content matches any auditory or visual elements it accompanies
- Curating a diverse and interesting blog portfolio for the Lakota website
- Writing press releases for PR campaigns
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE ROLE:
Application deadline: 30th November
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits: Company events, casual dress, guest list to events and festivals
Experience: Music industry 1+ years (Preferred)
Education: Diploma of Higher Education (Preferred)
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org